Monday, March 16, 2009

Your piece of the music


I like music. Actually, I am not good at music, but I like that.
Expecially LISTENING to music.
I can play flute a little bit and It's a little shameful to say that I can.
One of my favorite piece of music is 'baby at island house'(You know, SUMJIPAGI in Korean)
played by Richard YongJae O'Neal who is violist and has mentally retarded mom.
Richard is Korean American. His mom was adopted to America after the Korean war.
And she became single mom at her teenagers. The baby was Richard.
He loves his mentally retarded mom and tries to understand her all the time.
His life story was aired on KBS 2TV 'human theater' in 2006, 2007.
I think his viola sound is much more touching and reaches to the deep mind.

What's your favorite piece of music these days?
Anything can be OooooK!

5 comments:

  1. I also like Yongjae o'neal.
    And I have his album.
    Actually I don't like violin sound but I changed my mine after listening to his muscic.
    He play viola though. But its sound is similar to violin, isn't it? ^^;

    Thesedays I often listen to Adele.
    She is a English singer.
    Her voice is very attractive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Usually I love Vivaldi and Sarah Brightman.

    But now mine is OST of Boys On The Side.

    If you listen to that, you can find out what is a good pont.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm not sure whether you like popsongs or not. but nowadays, i listen brian macnight's "one last cry" and "back at one".
    if you goolgle it it's not difficult yo find them. especially "one last cry"is made for his wife who passed gone. why dont you try listen these songs at the dark night in the knue? they will touch your affective domain...^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like to listen to music, too.
    I like clssical music although I don't know about it well. stringed instrument sounds make me sad. ^^
    I would like to recommend Zigeunerweisen, Op.20 Violin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Hannah,
    What an interesting musican. Thank you for telling us about him. These days I'm not listening to much music but I am a fan of Gnarls Barkley. His varied vocal style really impresses me.

    ReplyDelete